- Contemporary (feminine) fit barong
- Hand embroidered "Shadow" front design (companion piece to the RonRiz barong). Depending on what your eye catches, you will see crossed oval rings, circles or both.
- Random speckles of embroidery on the rest of the barong
- Half open pechera (button front half opening)
- Side vents
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
- Custom made to your measurements and specifications. *You MUST choose the features you want in the drop down menus above before adding barong to cart. **You MUST also get measured. Please allow at least 2 months to produce and deliver. Free alterations are available after delivery subject to terms. Click here to see "How This Works".
- Available in blouse or dress length. Model is wearing a blouse length barong. Click here to see an example of a dress length barong. *This choice is made during the measurement process.
- Available in Slim Cut (form-fitting with a little space for comfort and movement) or Regular Cut (with extra space for more comfort and movement). Model is wearing a Slim Cut barong. Click here to see an example of a Regular Cut barong.
- Available in Full Long Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs), 3/4 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], 1/2 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], or Short Sleeve (no cuffs) [click here for an example]. Model is wearing Full Long Sleeves.
- Available with Regular Pointed Collar or Chinese / Mandarin Collar. Model is wearing the Regular Pointed Collar. Click here for an example of a Chinese / Mandarin Collar.
- This barong is translucent, and your purchase does not include the garment(s) that model wears here underneath.
- As these barongs are customized and made by hand, there may be some variations in color, embroidery and button designs.
- Outer is Piña Silk: 50% Pineapple Leaf Fiber, 50% Silk (synthetic, not from animals)
- Inner Lining is 100% Organza
Gentle hand wash only. See our FAQ page for care instructions at the bottom. Click here for the FAQ page.
Custom made in the Philippines
All prices in US dollars
ABOUT THE MODEL
Jenny Ross Aquines Pelaez is originally from Manila, Philippines and currently lives in Brooklyn, New York. She is a lawyer for a law firm in Los Angeles.
I worked as a staff attorney/fellow at the National Center for Law and Economic Justice (www.nclej.org) for two years and strongly believe in their work. They advocate in court, in government, and in communities to protect the rights of people living in poverty. They fight to make sure that society’s most vulnerable have access to basic needs like food and health care, and are treated fairly by government agencies meant to serve them. And they make sure that low-wage workers can secure fair wages and work in safe and dignified workplaces. I did a lot of human rights work before then, and continue an active pro bono practice at the firm, but some of my most impactful work came out of my time at NCLEJ.
Follow Jenny on Instagram - @jennypz
Photoshoot Location: Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, New York