- Contemporary (feminine) fit barong
- Hand embroidered vines and leaves front U rectangular design with ornamental knotting (companion piece to the Talisay (Michael) barong)
- Random speckles of embroidery on the rest of the barong
- Half open pechera (button front half opening)
- Side vents
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
- Custom made to your measurements and specifications. *You MUST choose the features you want in the drop down menus above before adding barong to cart. **You MUST also get measured. Please allow at least 2 months to produce and deliver. Free alterations are available after delivery subject to terms. Click here to see "How This Works".
- Available in blouse or dress length. Model is wearing a dress length barong. Click here to see an example of a blouse length barong. *This choice is made during the measurement process.
- Available in Slim Cut (form-fitting with a little space for comfort and movement) or Regular Cut (with extra space for more comfort and movement). Model is wearing a Slim Cut barong. Click here to see an example of a Regular Cut barong.
- Available in Full Long Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], 3/4 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], 1/2 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) as seen here on the model, or Short Sleeve (no cuffs) [click here for an example].
- Available with Regular Pointed Collar or Chinese / Mandarin Collar. Model is wearing the Regular Pointed Collar. Click here for an example of a Chinese / Mandarin Collar.
- This barong is translucent, and your purchase does not include the garment(s) that model wears here underneath.
- As these barongs are customized and made by hand, there may be some variations in color, embroidery and button designs.
Cocoon Outer: 100% Silk (synthetic, not from animals)
Inner Lining: 100% Organza
Gentle hand wash only. See our FAQ page for care instructions at the bottom. Click here for the FAQ page.
Custom made in the Philippines
All prices are in US dollars
ABOUT THE MODEL
Bianca Consunji is originally from Manila, Philippines and now living in Brooklyn, New York. She is a senior producer for NBC News.
From Bianca: I'm a journalist and producer, and feel very strongly about supporting women in the field. I'm an IMWF fellow and was part of the Online News Associations's digital leadership cohort, and I want to call attention to those two particular causes. Women journalists are often overlooked in the newsroom and in the field, and the IMWF (@theiwmf) has been invaluable in giving me reporting opportunities in Eastern Africa that would otherwise be impossible for me to get, and I also provide mentorship to younger women journalists through their Gwen Ifill program. And the ONA (@online_news) has helped me find a network of fellow managers who help me try to become a better boss and mentor. Please support them in any way you can!
Connect with Bianca on Instagram and Twitter @biancaconsunji
Photo Shoot Location: Knockdown Center, Queens, New York