- Contemporary (feminine) fit barong
- Hand embroidered front design with ornamental knotting, stylized bars, leaves and vines (companion piece to the Ryan N. barong)
- Random speckles of embroidery on the rest of the barong
- Half open pechera (button front half opening)
- Side vents
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
- Custom made to your measurements and specifications. *You MUST choose the features you want in the drop down menus above before adding barong to cart. **You MUST also get measured. Please allow at least 2 months to produce and deliver. Free alterations are available after delivery subject to terms. Click here to see "How This Works".
- Available in blouse or dress length. Model is wearing a dress length barong. Click here to see an example of a blouse length barong. *This choice is made during the measuring process.
- Available in Slim Cut (form-fitting with a little space for comfort and movement) or Regular Cut (with extra space for more comfort and movement). Model is wearing a Slim Cut barong. Click here to see an example of a Regular Cut barong.
- Available in Full Long Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], 3/4 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) as shown here by the model, 1/2 Sleeve (with buttoned cuffs) [click here for an example], or Short Sleeve (no cuffs) [click here for an example].
- Available with Regular Pointed Collar or Chinese / Mandarin Collar. Model is wearing the Regular Pointed Collar. Click here for an example of a Chinese / Mandarin Collar.
- This barong is translucent, and your purchase does not include the garment(s) that model wears here underneath.
- As these barongs are customized and made by hand, there may be some variations in color, embroidery and button designs.
Cocoon Outer: 100% Silk (synthetic, not from animals)
Inner Lining: 100% Organza
Gentle hand wash only. See our FAQ page for care instructions at the bottom. Click here for the FAQ page.
Custom made in the Philippines
All prices are in US dollars
ABOUT THE MODEL
Jeri Gonzales Abrams was born in Seattle, Washington, raised in Beaverton, Oregon and is currently living in Seattle. She is an attorney and managing partner of the Seattle office of Gonzales, Gonzales & Gonzales, her family's mid-size full-service immigration law firm. Their law firm was selected for the 2018 NAPABA APA-Owned Law Firm of the Year Award.
From Jeri: As a working mom, it’s a constant struggle to find balance between fighting to help keep other families together during my day job as an immigration attorney, but then making sure I also spend enough quality time with my own family in my forever job as a mom to my two rambunctious little boys, ages 1 and 3. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is very supportive of my career and who is a great dad to our sons.
One of my favorite things about being an attorney is being a part of two amazing and interconnected organizations: the Filipino Lawyers of Washington (FLOW) and the National Filipino American Lawyers Association (NFALA). Growing up, our Filipino culture and community was a huge part of my upbringing, where I danced Filipino folk dances as a little girl and had a debutante ball as a teenager through the Fil-Am community. I missed having that Filipino community in my life when I went off to college and during law school. To have that Filipino community as a practicing attorney through FLOW and NFALA means so much to me and provides a wonderful sense of support, belonging, and family.
Random fun fact: Jeri's great uncle (her maternal grandmother’s brother) was the 13th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines.
Connect with Jeri on Facebook here.
Photo shoot location: Seattle, Washington
Nawa Stacking Brass Bangles in 1st and 2nd pictures available at Cambio & Co.