- Traditional (masculine) fit barong
- Embroidered front vine, leaf and rectangle design in gold and silver colored thread (companion piece to the Ryann barong)
- Half open pechera (button front half opening)
- Short sleeves
- Side vents
FEATURES AND OPTIONS
- Custom made to your measurements and specifications. *You MUST choose the features you want in the drop down menus above before adding barong to cart. **You MUST also get measured. Please allow at least 2 months to produce and deliver. Free alterations are available after delivery subject to terms. Click here to see "How This Works". .
- Available in Slim Cut (form fitting with a little space for comfort and movement) or Regular Cut (with extra space for more comfort and movement). Model is wearing a Slim Cut barong. Click here for an example of a Regular Cut barong.
- Available with Regular Pointed Collar or Chinese / Mandarin Collar. Model is wearing the Regular Pointed Collar. Click here for an example of a Chinese / Mandarin Collar.
- As these barongs are customized and made by hand, there may be some variations in color, embroidery and button designs.
Jusi: 100% Silk (synthetic, not from animals)
Gentle hand wash only. See our FAQ page for care instructions at the bottom. Click here for the FAQ page.
Custom made in the Philippines
All prices are in US dollars
ABOUT THE MODEL
Irma Shauf-Bajar is originally from Ewa Beach, Hawaii, and she currently lives in Oakland, California. She works as a consultant, community organizer and movement educator.
Irma describes herself as a queer Filipino grassroots community organizer, human rights activist, lover of life and a fighter for liberation. She is the current National Chair for Gabriela USA, an overseas chapter of Gabriela Philippines, working to advance the struggle of women in the overall movement for national liberation and genuine democracy in the Philippines. Irma loves cooking, swimming, long walks on the beach, dancing to commercials and spending time with her wife-partner, Tina.
Follow Irma and Gabriela USA on social media:
Irma - @RevBajar on Instagram
Gabriela USA - GABRIELA USA on Facebook, @gabriela.usa on Instagram
Photoshoot Location: Lake Merritt, Oakland, California